A four-masted steel barque built in 1889 by Russel & Co., Port Glasgow. Dimensions 101,29×13,56×7,77 meters [332'0"×44'4"×25'4"] and tonnage 2926 GRT and 2751 NRT. Rigged with royals and skysails over double top- and top-gallant sails.
Hence follows a pic or two
- 1889 October
- Launched at the shipyard of Russel & Co., Port Glasgow, for Rickmers Reismühlen, Rhederei und Schiffbau AG, Bremerhaven. Assigned the German identification signal ____.
- In command of Captain Hans Andresen.
- Sailed from Astoria, OR, to Plymouth in 113 days.
- In command of Captain Emil Berg.
- 1894 February — May
- Sailed from Cardiff to Singapore in 84 days.
- In command of Captain J.H. Westermeyer.
- In command of Captain Paul Schober.
- In command of Captain August Walsen.
- In command of Captain Edwin R.W. Nauschütz.
- In command of Captain H. Bandelin [?].
- In command of Captain Heinrich Plate.
- 1906 June 6
- Sailed from [?] Rangoon for Bremerhaven with a cargo of rice.
- 1906 October 29
- Sank the Herman in a collision off Dover. Was brought to Vlissingen for repairs.
- In command of Captain George Bachmann.
- 1908 April 30
- Stranded on the sand banks west of Fire Island at Jones Inlet, New York. A picture of the wreck is available from the Long Island Wreck Site.
- 1908 May 19
- Destroyed when the remaining 95.000 cases of oil caught fire.